TDK Corporation has introduced the T5828 SoundWire MEMS microphone as part of the SmartSound family of performance products for mobile, TWS, IoT and other consumer devices. This family of high-performance microphones pushes the boundaries of microphone acoustic performance, providing advanced feature sets in small package footprints. The T5828 SoundWire MEMS microphone offers a high acoustic overload point (AOP) of 133dB SPL, high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) 68dBA and wide dynamic range, ideal for environments that shift from very quiet to very loud.
The T5828 microphone:
- Offers very low power, wide dynamic range SoundWire Digital
- Introduces Acoustic Activity Detect (AAD) to a SoundWire microphone for the first time allowing easy configuration within the SoundWire control protocol, including a very low power 20uA general-purpose activity detection to a highly configurable voice activity detection feature.
- Institutes new submodes within the existing High Quality and Low-Power modes allowing dynamic customization of mic performance including:
- Enhanced AOP mode, 136dB SPL
- Ultra-Low Power mode, 95uA (the first <100uA PDM microphone)
The TDK T5828 has a small 3.5 × 2.65 × 0.98 mm bottom port package and is available for sampling.
Filed Under: Sensor Tips