On March 19, 2015 at 10 am Central Time the president of Industrial Metallurgists LLC, Michael Pfeifer, will hold a free, one-hour metallurgy forum webinar. He will answer metallurgy questions related to decisions or problems people face at their jobs and questions related to the content of our online metallurgy courses.
Attendees can submit their questions prior to the webinar during the registration process. Questions are due by March 17 at 11 am. Register and submit your questions at this link https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5061397633968186882.
Here are examples of questions from previous forums:
- What is the difference between steel normalizing and annealing?
- How does adding lead to brass improve its ease of machining?
- How does forging enhance mechanical properties?
- How can I help customers select an alloy?
- How are different grades of the same alloy produced?
- What are sources of properties information about specific alloys and grades?
- Why doesn’t stainless steel corrode?
- What are differences between ¼-hard, ½-hard, and full-hard metals?
- What analysis techniques are used to determine how metals fail?
- What are the differences between 316, 316L, and 316H stainless steel?
- Why are we getting large variations of hardness for heat treated steel components?
To help you think of a question to ask, consider the following situations when you could have used a little more information:
- A supplier quality problem
- Choice between different materials for a new product
- A product failure
- Manufacturing quality problem
- Selecting a manufacturing process or a supplier
- Concerns about the materials specifications for a component
Register and submit your questions at this link https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5061397633968186882.
Filed Under: Industrial automation