LAPIS Semiconductor, a ROHM Group Company, has announced the development of a low power microcontroller that integrates an 8bit low power MCU core, speech synthesis circuit, high efficiency Class D speaker amp, non-volatile memory, and oscillator circuit on a single chip, making audio playback possible by simply connecting to a speaker.
The ML610Q304 also provides hardware-based audio playback operation that minimizes the load placed on the MCU for system control processing, and the newly designed high-efficiency Class D amp reduces current consumption during audio playback by approx. 40% while maintaining volume levels.
- Original high-performance 8bit RISC core
- High efficiency Class D speaker amp (3.0V: 0.45W, 5.0V: 1.0W)
- Multiple fail-safe functions
- High-precision oscillation: 32.768kHz/8.192MHz [±1.5% (-10 to 50°C), ±3.0% (-40 to 85°C)]
- 96KB Flash
- 2KB data Flash
- 1KB RAM
- 8bit timer x 4 (two 8bit timers can be used as a 16bit timer)
- 3ch 10bit A/D converter
- Operating frequency: 27kHz to 8.4MHz
- Operating temperature range: -40 to 85°C
- Power supply voltage: 2.0 to 5.5V
- Compact WQFN28 package
1. Hardware-based voice playback function simplifies design
Voice playback operation is performed using hardware, which significantly lightens the load on the MCU for system control processing and simplifies playback considerably.
2. 40% less current consumption during voice playback
A class-leading low power consumption 8bit microcontroller is integrated along with a newly developed Class D speaker amp that provides digital output, resulting in higher power efficiency and 40% less current consumption during voice output compared with our conventional analog Class AB speaker amps – while maintaining volume levels.
3. Monolithic design with integrated microcontroller and audio playback function reduces the number of parts required and contributes to device miniaturization
All functions required for audio playback are incorporated into a single chip, including a low-power MCU, speech synthesis circuit, high efficiency Class D speaker amp, non-volatile memory, and high accuracy oscillator.
4. Multiple fail-safe functions provide superior reliability
(1) Speaker terminal disconnection detection
Detects disconnection between the microcontroller and speakers by monitoring for changes in resistance value between the speaker terminals and can alert users in advance by lighting up LEDs.
(2) Speaker terminal short-circuit detection
Detects short-circuits by monitoring the voltage level of the speaker terminals and shuts down operation to prevent possible damage.
(3) Class D speaker amp overcurrent prevention
Prevents the sound generator circuit (PWM circuit) from staying fixed at the H level for over a specified amount of time in order to prevent excessive heat generation due to overcurrent.
Home appliances, fire alarms, crime prevention devices, and industrial equipment
A complete support system is offered, including a reference board (ML610Q304) and software development environment that facilitate evaluation, as well as tools and manuals which can be downloaded from our website.
Mass Production: NOW
The post Microcontroller with Speaker Amplifier and Audio Playback appeared first on Micro Controller Tips.
Filed Under: Appliance engineering + home automation, TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS