Enhanced FDP optical fiber delivers longer product life
Polymicro Technologies, a subsidiary of Molex (Lisle, IL), recently announced improvements to its FDP optical fiber. The latest enhancements improve solarization of the fiber in deep UV applications (190 – 325 nm).
Polymicro silica core optical FDP fiber features:
- Ultra-high UV transmission.
- Ultra-low UV solarization.
- High radiation resistance.
- Operating down to 190 nm.
- Excellent deep UV solarization resistance characteristics.
- Greater solarization resistance to sustain transmission longer while minimizing damage to the fiber.
For applications in the deep UV region, the effects of high levels of UV radiation cause fiber and transmission deterioration. Fibers typically lose transmission after several hours. Improved FDP fiber offers approximately 10 percent more light output after initial degradation compared with the previous version, which translates to better light emission and longer product life.
Delivering dimensional control and tight tolerances, Polymicro FDP optical fibers:
- Offer custom core sizes, coatings, buffers and assemblies.
- Are ISO 9001, 13485, and 14001 certified.
For more information about Polymicro solutions please visit www.polymicro.com.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)