ANTA ANA, Calif. – March 13, 2007 – MSC. Software Corp., announced the release of MD Solutions R2 (MD R2), the newest installment of the company’s line of multidiscipline enterprise simulation solutions. MD R2 gives engineers an integrated, multidiscipline simulation to speed design efficiency and drive early design validation. It also gives manufacturers insight into total product lifecycle performance.
It is the only multidiscipline simulation solution set on the market where diverse mathematical analysis models interact so the effects of one environment can be simultaneously applied to another. Engineers can make models that reflect actual operating conditions, achieving faster, more accurate results. Prior to MD Solutions, engineers performed separate analyses to understand the sound passengers experience, while studying ride quality of automobiles. The separate results were then combined to produce the acoustic and ride quality of the automobile.
With MD R2, this quality can be simulated with a single model, reducing the time to complete the simulation and with more accurate results. MD R2 eliminates model size constraints because of physical memory limitations. All products within the solution suite scale from the simplest stress analysis to models requiring millions of degrees of freedom. The solution can handle large, interconnected assemblies with an array of specialty connectors, advanced 3D contact with friction ability, flexible and rigid component support and super-elements.
“We are excited to bring to market a revolutionary new approach to simulation with the release of MD R2,” said Reza Sadeghi, chief technology officer and senior vice president of engineering, MSC. Software. “Previously, engineers were limited by point solutions that only allowed them to model one attribute of analysis at a time. Now, with MD R2, engineers have the power to model multiple attributes of a system with multiple physics accounted for simultaneously and simulate the interaction between parts in a product. The result is more accurate and more realistic than ever before.”
The new version consists of three primary applications, MD Nastran R2, the most powerful and widely-used simulation solution in the world, MD Patran R2, a simulation software environment that helps engineers conceptualize, develop and test multi-disciplinary product designs and MD Adams, a new addition to the suite, which supports better integration between the two. The combined solution, MD Solutions R2, offers the following new features:
- Integrated rigid body and flexible body simulations – The integration of MD Adams and MD Nastran R2 enabling powerful capabilities including the incorporation of component flexibility in a full-system simulation as well as to more accurately predict stresses in a flex body for durability calculations.
- Industry Proven Contact & Advanced Integrated Nonlinear solutions – Easily extend existing linear models to full nonlinear behavior; provide the capability to join or “glue” dissimilar meshes in linear & nonlinear simulations as well as an expanded material library to accurately simulate material nonlinearity.
- NVH & Acoustics – Simulation of exterior Acoustics using FFT Actran technology; generation and assembly of FRF (Frequency Response Functions) for frequency response analysis, and enhancements to ACMS for reductions in compute time, disk I/O and scratch space.
- High Performance Computing (HPC) – Integration of new solver technologies to simulate larger and higher fidelity models as well as providing for scalable performance such as with exterior acoustics simulations.
- Multidisciplinary Optimization – Several developments including the ability to perform combined topology, sizing and shape optimization and performance improvements for large models through automatic external superelement optimization. Another very significant addition includes the capability to randomize the Nastran data for design robustness studies such as with stochastic simulations.
- MD Patran R2 extensions for MD Nastran R2 – MD Patran continues to unleash the power of MD Nastran by supporting more solution types and options including contact, rotordynamics and more. In addition, MD R2 provides for performance & scalability for large models and continues to focus on quality improvements.
Pricing and Availability
MD R2 is available now and can be purchased directly from MSC. Software. Existing MD Nastran and MD Patran customers will receive this latest update as part of their current maintenance agreement. Pricing is based on customer needs and the size of the organization. Promotion upgrade pricing for current customers is available.
For more information, please visit www.mscsoftware.com or contact (714) 540 8900.
About MSC.Software Corporation
MSC. Software is a global leader of enterprise simulation solutions that help companies make money, save time, and reduce costs associated with designing and testing manufactured products. MSC. Software works with thousands of companies in hundreds of industries to develop better products faster by utilizing information technology, software, services, and systems. MSC. Software employs more than 1100 people in 23 countries.
For additional information about MSC. Software’s products and services, please visit www.mscsoftware.com.
:: Design World ::
Filed Under: Aerospace + defense, Appliance engineering + home automation, 3D CAD, Automotive, Medical, Off highway • construction, Packaging, FEA software, Software