myDevices, theInternet of Things (IoT) solutions company that “simplifies the connected world,” announced that it has received the 2016 Best IoT Edge Gateway Solution award in the Battle of the Platforms, held at the IoT Evolution Expo in Fort Lauderdale, for Cayenne, its developer and maker tool for IoT projects.
“The judges recognized the fact that a platform can be powerful, yet easy to use,” said Kevin Bromber, CEO of myDevices. “In our presentation for the Battle of the Platforms, we used Cayenne—the first drag-and-drop IoT builder—to show that engineers can develop IoT projects without having to dig deep into SDKs and APIs. It is something completely new, and the judges and attendees of the IoT Evolution Expo were really excited about it.”
Battle of the Platforms is one of the premier annual award series where leading IoT players demonstrate their platform alongside a cross section of other solutions to a panel of judges and a live audience. Cayenne, the Best IoT Edge Gateway Solution, is a revolutionary drag-and-drop IoT builder that allows developers to create IoT projects in hours instead of months.
Key features of Cayenne include:
- A mobile app to set up, monitor and control devices and sensors from anywhere
- Easy setup that quickly connects a device to the Internet, sensors, actuators and extensions in minutes
- Rules engine for triggering actions across devices
- Customizable dashboard with drag-and-drop visualization widgets
- Scheduling of lights, motors and actuators
- GPIO control that can be configured from a mobile app or dashboard
- Instant remote access from phone or computer
A video of Cayenne’s winning demonstration in the Battle of the Platforms is available for viewing here, and a podcast of Kevin Bromber discussing the launch of Cayenne and the impact it will have on the maker and developer community is available here.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)