Introducing a new concept in handling and securing 19″ rack mounted equipment: the Piton Rack Handle. This high quality assembly provides handles and captive fasteners for your rack-mount products.
The Piton Rack Handle has a robust molded design with integrated screws that secure your enclosure to any equipment rack. These handles mount outboard of the front panel space with supplied hardware: no special panel prep is required.
The Piton Rack Handle has clean styling and excellent ergonomics. It is manufactured with high grade materials and is EIA-310, RoHS, and NEBS compliant. It is well-suited for a variety of markets including Datacom, Telecom, Storage, Pro Audio, Broadcast, and Test Equipment.
- High quality rack handle for rack-mount electronic equipment
- High strength ABS/PC polymer
- Captive #10-32 screws have EIA-310 spacing to work with all equipment racks
- Clean, modern styling with generous finger clearance
- NEBS compliant UL94 V-0 flammability rating
- Mounts on equipment ears, saving valuable front panel space
- No special panel prep, press-fitting or swaging required
- Single part no. kit simplifies documentation, procurement and kitting
- Patent pending
- The Piton Rack Handle gives your product a rugged, customized look, differentiating it from competitors using cheap off-the-shelf hardware.
- The high-strength, practical design makes for an ergonomic handle capable of moving heavy, awkward equipment through production, shipping and installation.
- This solution gives your customers stainless steel fasteners, captive to your product, simplifying rack mounting. No more lost or mismatched screws.
- Captive fasteners are integral to the handle, eliminating the cost of press-fitting or swaging separate captive fastener assemblies.
- The Piton Rack Handle mounts on the outer edges of the front panel, preserving enclosure volume and front panel space; a key benefit where rack and floor space are at a premium.
- The product is supplied as a kit with 2 handles, 4 captive screws and 4 mounting screws: the single part number kit reduces the cost of documentation, procurement, kitting and assembly.
- Can be used with subracks where no fixed front panel exists.
- Because the handle works with standard EIA-310 front panel mounting slots, it can be added to existing designs and products.
- Custom colors and M5 screws available.
- Easily replaceable, reusable and recyclable.
- With good design-for-manufacturability, the Piton Rack Handle is available with quantity price breaks at 25, 50, and 100 kits.
Filed Under: TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS
Tell Us What You Think!