Monnit Corp. now sells a new ALTA advanced vibration meter. The wireless meter features a configurable frequency measurement range from 0.4 Hz to 4800 Hz (24 RPM to 288,000 RPM). This vast range enables the sensor to do everything from identifying abnormal vibrations in high-RPM machines to tracking seismic impact on bridges and buildings.
“For the past ten years, Monnit has strived to anticipate the customers’ future IoT needs,” said Brad Walters, Monnit CEO. “The ALTA Advanced Vibration Meter is one of the most exciting devices we have launched—the applications are numerous, and the precision of the data points produced helps organizations take preemptive action and gather valuable data for operational and end-of-life analysis.”
The ALTA Advanced Vibration Meter (ALTA AVM) is a turnkey solution that uses an accelerometer to track vibration and frequency on three axes. The US-manufactured sensor captures data for vibration frequency and velocity, displacement or acceleration. The meter also can report duty cycle as well as temperature, providing more key metrics to protect important assets and operations.
Advanced applications for the vibration meter
Uniquely capable, the ALTA AVM provides granular tracking for a wide range of industrial applications and civil infrastructure. The application possibilities run the gamut from monitoring the performance of motors and smart materials in cutting-edge manufacturing facilities to monitoring the vibrations caused by the subtle sway of a bridge. ALTA vibration meter features include:
- Simplified machine health monitoring
- Low crest factor values indicate smooth vibration and good motor health
- High values indicate the presence of potentially damaging harmonics or jarring forces
- Configurable frequency range (examples)
- As low as 25 SPS (0.6Hz to 9.375Hz)
- As high as 12,800 SPS (300Hz to 4800Hz)
- Adjustable reading intervals
- Custom Rectangular, Hanning, or Flat Top window filters for enhanced data analysis
- Temperature monitoring reporting in Celsius or Fahrenheit
For more information about the ALTA advanced vibration meter, visit this deep link on monnit.com.