Hartland, WI — Dorner Manufacturing’s new Configurator is an intuitive 2D and 3D CAD platform that allows users to build complete conveyor assemblies to their exact layout dimensions. The CAD tool is an industry first providing the download of a single CAD model of the complete assembled conveyor, dramatically saving the time spent matching up individual files. The CAD model is available in a variety of CAD formats and interactive 3D PDF.
The configurator is engineered with tool guides and uses conveyor logic to only place applicable matching conveyor components together; if a system can’t be designed and built for actual use, the configurator will not design it. This intuitive feature saves user’s time by alerting them of an erroneous design, allowing them to make the necessary adjustments before proceeding.
When the design is complete, customers receive part numbers and detailed descriptions of all the components in the build, information to receive a quote, along with the CAD and 3D PDF files.
Features of the new cConfigurator include:
- Eliminates design time spent assembling separate CAD models
- Improved accuracy of 3D CAD models
- Provides 3D PDF files for visualization by non-CAD users
- Download the exact conveyor assembly to specific layout dimensions
- CAD requests emailed in minutes
- Available on 2200, 3200 and 5200 Series conveyors (other conveyor platforms will be added in the coming months)
To download Dorner’s new Configurator, visit www.dornerconveyors.com.
Filed Under: Aerospace + defense