The newest integrated motor/actuator from Curtiss-Wright’s Industrial Division, the Exlar GTX100, is the second frame size in the integrated motor/actuator series. Incorporating Curtiss-Wright’s patented inverted roller screw technology, the GTX100’s high power density and compact form factor make it a suitable replacement for hydraulic cylinders.
The GTX Series actuators offer the power, precision, and programmability of a servo system while minimizing the maintenance difficulties and mess of hydraulics. With continuous force ratings up to 15,392 N (3,460 lbf), speeds up to 953 mm/sec (37.5 in./sec), and standard stroke lengths from 150 mm (5.9 in.) to 300 mm (11.8 in.), the GTX100 can be applied across a wide range of factory automation applications.
The GTX Series features include:
- High capacity planetary roller screws offering up to 15X the life and significantly higher shock load resistance than a comparably sized ball screw
- IP65S (min.) environmental protection
- Seamless integration into most leading motion control architectures
- Removable front seal bushing greatly simplifies maintenance and re-greasing of nut assembly to maximize actuator life
- Modular design with bolt-on mounting hardware allows effortless mounting reconfiguration or replacement in the field using commonly available tools
- Smoother, quieter operation compared to previous generation designs
Exlar is a business unit of Curtiss-Wright’s Industrial Division. For more information visit www.exlar.com or www.curtisswright.com.
Filed Under: Linear Motion Tips
Tell Us What You Think!