The LCR16 from SMAC Moving Coil Actuators provides precision Z-theta motion within one small actuator, which is suitable for pick, orient and place applications. A wide variety of LCR16 linear rotary actuators are available with either direct drive or gearbox equipped rotary units.
The vacuum-built-in shaft through the rotary motor is available for some models to prevent dust build-up in the unit. These z-theta actuators can easily be programmed to control force/torque, position and velocity in all axes at the same time with feedback capability. SMAC’s unique, patented “Soft-Land” function lets the unit gently land on a delicate component with a controlled force to avoid damage of both the component and the actuator.
The actuator is constructed with a direct drive brushless servo motor and is designed with linear guide built-in lubrication to offer long life cycle. It also provides absolute control over force/torque, position, acceleration and velocity.
- Direct drive brushless servo motor
- Combined linear and rotary motions in a single unit
- Fully programmable in force/torque, position and velocity
- SMAC’s Patented ‘Soft-Land’ Technology
- Self-lubricated linear guide
- Low shaft run-out, 30 µm (lower run-out optional)
- Vacuum through shaft prevents dust accumulation
- MTBF 100 million life cycle
- 24-Vdc operation
- 35-mm stroke
For more information, visit www.smac-mca.com.
Filed Under: Linear Motion Tips, Gears • gearheads • speed reducers