Delta Tau has launched its new Power PMAC NC motion controller aimed at improving machining speed, accuracy and surface finish by using advanced servo and kinematic algorithms.
With a state-of-the-art CPU and a huge 2GB program buffer, this next-generation Power PMAC controller has greatly improved computational power and generates trajectories which run 25 percent faster than the company’s previous controllers—which were already among the fastest available. This speed increase translates directly into cycle time reductions and throughput improvements.
Even at high speeds, the Power PMAC offers significantly improved path accuracy as well as smoothness for high surface quality. Compared to previous models, the Power PMAC cuts path errors by 50 percent and boosts trajectory resolution by a factor of 10.
Taking full advantage of all the computational power, the Power PMAC offers a wide range of advanced control functions, including:
- A special look-ahead function that algorithmically evaluates trajectories in advance of their execution.
- An increased number of control parameters aimed at maintaining path fidelity.
- Enhanced servo tuning to enable higher servo gains, which contributes to improved path accuracy.
- Application-specific parameters including a variety of machining applications that are especially sensitive to motion control capabilities.
- A table-based electronic cam in conjunction with Cam-Sculptor software.