New SAFQ inch-series Cooper Quick-Change® angled bearing pedestals are now in stock for immediate delivery as quick change-out replacements for industry-standard pillow-block housings. The design consists of two split halves enabling easy assembly around a fixed shaft.The pedestal’s innovative angled bottom-half simply slides under a shaft – even one with low clearance – without requiring a jack or hoist. Typical applications include fans and similar rotating machinery in the mining, marine, steel, and power generation industries, among others.
The SAFQ Series pedestals join the SNQ and SDQ metric series of Cooper brand solutions as alternatives to standard pillow-block housings (SAF500, SN500, and SD3100 series). All integrate standard Cooper 01, 01E, 02, or 02E split-to-the-shaft bearings and are interchangeable with other Cooper split roller bearing pedestals.
- Available for shafts with diameters from 2-3/16” to 5-5/16”
- Split-to-the-shaft roller bearings simplify disassembly and reduce time needed for installation, changeover, and inspection
- Aluminum Triple Labyrinth seal remains concentric and rotating on the shaft to prevent ingress of contaminants, even under water
- Spherical cartridge and pedestal design compensates for misalignment
- Clamped inner race protects against shaft wear and the absence of set screws prevents shaft damage
- Polished outer race and rollers allow for dynamic axial expansion to minimize resistance and stress on other components
Filed Under: Materials • advanced