The 802.11ax Wi-Fi Antenna System Solution for Access Points, Gateways and Client Devices Accelerate the Next Era of Wi-Fi with up to 2x Throughput, 2x Coverage with Easy Integration and Reduced BOM Cost
• Delivers a generational leap in design flexibility and Wi-Fi platform support
• Proven 2x benefits of Wi-Fi Active Steering performance and coverage in a more flexible and cost-reduced system offering
• The EC477 / EC624 Active Steering platform has been optimized with market-leading Wi-Fi solutions
Ethertronics announced its next-generation Wi-Fi Active Steering™ platform, based on the EC477 Active Steering Processor and the EC624 Active Steering™ Antenna Switch. Combined with Ethertronics’ patented Active Steering Antenna architecture, this system delivers 2x performance and coverage benefits of Active Steering Technology in a flexible, cost-optimized solution and provides seamless integration for both broadband gateway and client platforms.
Ethertronics’ latest Active Steering solution doubles throughput, range, and efficiency for high-performance 802.11ax/802.11ac systems and has been optimized for today’s market-leading Wi-Fi access point and client solutions. Additionally, the Active Steering technology implemented in the EC477/EC624 family provides performance and scalability for next-generation 802.11ax applications.
Ethertronics’ EC477 and EC624 family improves upon its previous generation Active Steering solution by reducing design costs and providing greater flexibility in antenna solution choice. The EC477/EC624 solution reduces design complexity and cost via its innovative Data-Over-Coax (DOC) interface, which allows Active Steering signaling to coexist on the same physical cable as the main RF signal without introducing any degradation of the main Wi-Fi signal. The DOC interface eliminates the need for custom connectors and signaling cables, which significantly reduces the system BOM and enables easier deployment of off-PCB antennas to maximize Wi-Fi radio link performance.
Ethertronics EC477/EC624 Active Steering solution enables any mix of active and passive antennas, in any combination of on-PCB and off-PCB placement. In conjunction with this solution, Ethertronics Active Steering Antennas are offered in both standard designs and configurations customized to OEM design needs. Combined with Ethertronics antenna and RF integration expertise, the EC477/EC624 system provides maximum flexibility and a seamless integration path to realize the benefits of Wi-Fi Active Steering.
EC477 Active Steering™ Processor Features
• Embedded Modal Cognitive Diversity (MCD) for real-time optimization of Wi-Fi radio link performance
• Up to 8×8 802.11ac MIMO support
• Data-Over-Coax interface (DOC) for reduced BOM cost and more flexible design
• Scalability for next-generation 802.11ax platforms
EC624 Active Steering™ Antenna Switch Features
• High performance Active Steering switch
• Pairs with EC477 to maximize performance on a per-antenna and per-client basis
• Data-Over-Coax interface (DOC) for flexible, cost-optimized off-PCB antenna placement and simplified device manufacturing
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)