Nordson EFD, a Nordson company, (NASDAQ: NDSN) has released a new guide to dispensing fluids for automotive applications: Recommendations for High Performance Dispensing in the Automotive Industry. The 13-page guide is packed with helpful information about how to maximize the use of precision dispensing equipment. The document provides samples of automotive applications, describes how customers can benefit from precision dispensing, and gives a detailed explanation of the types of dispensing equipment recommended for each application.
Automotive manufacturers are using more adhesives, sealants, oils, and coatings than ever before. Precision is critical as many of these deposits seal components from environmental damage and general wear and tear. Many high-performance materials needed to bond dissimilar components and seal exposed parts are expensive, making waste reduction important.
With the large number of automotive parts produced globally, even small cost reductions represent significant savings, explained Gil Parenteau, manager of sales and technical services, Nordson EFD. In many applications, dispensing the exact amount of fluid required can reduce material waste by 50 percent or more. The goal of this guide is to help automotive manufacturers discover the best and most cost-effective dispensing solutions for their applications.
Examples include recommendations on the best ways to:
- Dispense sealants onto hydraulic pumps, motor housings, or drive shafts
- Dispense electrical and thermal grease onto gears, switches, and connectors
- Dispense cyanoacrylate onto shock absorbers, sunroofs, and mirror assemblies
- Spray lubricants into cylinder bores
- Apply solder paste and flux on automotive electronics, such as air conditioning and ignition systems
Below is just a small list of the many areas in which precision dispensing systems play a major role in automotive manufacturing:
- Chassis System Components
- Interior and Exterior Systems and Components
- HVAC Systems
- Power Train Systems and Components
- Electronic Systems and Components
- Multipurpose Systems and Components
Nordson EFD systems are designed to address the most demanding dispensing challenges, continued Parenteau. We partner with thousands of quality automotive part manufacturers around the world. With offices in more than 30 countries, the EFD global team provides experienced, on-site technical support.
Filed Under: Automotive, ALL INDUSTRIES, Fluid power