ACS Motion Control has expanded its family of multi-axis NanoPWM™ to include the NPArm, a fully integrated 19” / 6U rack mounted version with up to eight drives and a power supply. The modular NPArm Series operates with any motion controller supporting a ±10V sinusoidal current commutation command interface. Combining the NanoPWM™ and ACS’ new DRBoost™ technology, which enables the motion controller to modify the dynamic range of the command, provides an unprecedented level of current control with dynamic range of more than 100db (100,000:1).
“ACS has developed the NanoPWM family of PWM drives to provide a more compact and economical alternative to linear servo drives for applications such as wafer metrology and inspection, ultra-precision machining for processing of optical components and FPD inspection, that demand the ultimate performance with regards to stand still jitter, low velocity tracking errors and the fastest move and settle. The off-the-shelf NPArm rack-mounted Series is our latest addition to this expanding family, offering a fully integrated package of up to eight NanoPWM drives and power supply that delivers better performance, efficiency and reliability in a smaller package versus linear servo drives,” said Ze’ev Kirshenboim, ACS Motion Control’s president.
For more information, visit the ACS Motion Control website.
- Dynamic range of more than 100db (100,000:1)
- Up to four pairs of two-drive plug-in modules with output current range between 3.3/10A and 13.3/40A (continuous/peak)
- A 3.2kW power supply with single or dual output voltages, providing 48V or 96V or both
- Supports three-phase and single-phase servo motors
- Current loop can be tuned via DIP switches or fine-tuned using the ACS’ SPiiPlus MMI Application
Filed Under: Motion control • motor controls