Aitech Defense Systems Inc. has expanded its line of power supply units (PSUs) with the P233, designed to meet the demands of highly integrated embedded systems. The 3U VITA 62-compliant PSU offers an output capacity of up to 500 W as well as a wide voltage input range of 18 VDC to 32 VDC, and can be used in a range of VME, VPX and CompactPCI systems.
Two P233 power supplies can be connected in parallel with a load sharing option to provide 1,000 W of total output power. Or, for added system reliability and redundancy, the connected units can function as two parallel, redundant 500 W supplies with auto-failover.
The MIL-STD-704-compliant P233 features six supply outputs: 3.3V, +12V, +5V, ±12V AUX and +3.3V AUX, each with independent current limiting as well as numerous protection mechanisms to ensure the PSU will not be damaged, even if connected to an incorrect or malfunctioning power source. Complete with internal built-in test (BIT) and input line filters that protect from input power overvoltage, surges and reverse polarity, the P233 provides exceptional reliability.
- Input-to-output isolation eliminates ground loops
- Main high output supplies (3.3V, +12V, +5V) offer remote sense lines for voltage stability in high current loads
- Optional non-electrolytic capacitor power hold-up module provides full rated output power for 25 mS
- External capacitor bank can also be added to provide up to 50 mS power hold-up at a full-rated 500 W output power with a proportionally longer holdup time at reduced output loads
- No minimum load requirement
- Extensive BIT in the FPGA monitors input and output voltages, output currents and power supply temperature which are used to trigger the various protection mechanisms
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) provides the ability for the system processor to interrogate all these features and functions without affecting the power supply’s operation
- Supports the standard ENABLE#, INHIBIT#, FAIL# and SYSRESET# control signals
- Up to four VITA 62-compliant user-defined pins, supported by the onboard FPGA, are also available
- Second stage EMI/RFI filter onboard the P233 further reduces conducted and radiated switching noise on the input lines
- Minimum efficiency of 90%
- Conduction-cooled format for both rugged and military applications
- Compliant with ANSI/VITA 47-R2007 environmental specifications, the PSU meets the highest operating shock resistance of OS2 (Operational Shock, Level 2 of 40g, 11ms) and the highest vibration level specification V3 (0.1 g2/Hz)
Filed Under: Rapid prototyping