Parker’s Electromechanical and Drives Div.‒North America is pleased to announce the release of the mPR (miniature precision rotary) stage. The mPR series is a miniature, precision direct-drive rotary stage with integrated high-precision rotary bearing, high-resolution rotary encoder, and 3-phase AC servo motor. It has been engineered to deliver a combination of modularity, flexibility, and performance in an extremely compact package.
“The mPR’s many features make it the ideal positioner for a number of high-tech industries,” said Travis Schneider, product marketing manager of precision mechanics. “Applications in metrology systems, laser processing/machining, electronics manufacturing, and semiconductor manufacturing, for example, will benefit from the stage’s combination of size, low profile, and high precision.”
The mPR 80 has common mounting features to that of Parker’s MX80 linear stage, as well as the mSR 80/100, and the mPR 100 size has common mounting features to that of our 404XR linear positioner so users will be able to quickly and easily create complete multi-axis systems using the mPR.
Standard features of the mPR Series include:
• Two form factors
• mPR 80 – 80 mm dia. X 75 mm
• mPR 100 – 104 mm dia. X 90 mm tall
• Continuous 360-degree operation
• Four encoder resolutions (3 – digital incremental, 1 – analog sine/cosine)
• Dowel holes in top and base for repeatable pinning
• Through-hole aperture
• Direct mounting features to Parker MX, mSR, and XR stages
• 3-meter, high-flex cables
• Lightweight aluminum construction
Parker’s Electromechanical and Drives Div.
Filed Under: Motion Control Tips, Encoders (rotary) + resolvers