Pilz Automation Safety, L.P. introduces their new app: PASmsi Mobile Safety Inspector for performing risk assessments on machines – quickly and simply. Free versions are available for iOS and Android operating systems.
In accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 and EN 62061 (IEC 62061) requirements, the PASmsi app enables you to perform and document the typical calculations for PL (Performance Level) and SIL (Safety Integrity Level). The app allows for these calculations to be done in front of the machine and, when viewing the machine later, all of the key data is right at your fingertips.
The PASmsi app’s main functions include:
- Risk estimation: Determination of the risk level (PLr and SIL)
- Calculation of the achievable Performance Level (PL)
- Calculation of the number of operations (NOP) and service interval
- Helps you decide whether fresh CE marking is required after a machine has been modified
- Always provides current information on every issue relating to machine safety
- Create and store photos for each project
- Documentation, management, saving and sending – for every project
Pilz has developed two versions of the PASmsi app; one for the iOS (Apple) and one for the Android (Google) operating system.
Filed Under: TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS, Safety systems + components, Wireless devices