Crouzet has launched the PBX Secure range, thus strengthening its position in the railway market by offering numerous onboard applications for both inside and outside the rolling stock, including joystick controller, emergency stop, door opening, medium-voltage circuit-breaker and braking system applications.
PBX Secure is used as an auxiliary safety contact for devices such as medium-voltage circuit breakers, motorized disconnect switches and ground disconnect switches.
In the field of industrial lifting, the PBX Secure is ideal for position detection requirements in the geared motors of lifting machinery.
The PBX Secure range complies with the following industrial and railway standards:
- EN 50124-1 (insulation coordination)
- NFF 16-101/102 (French Fire/Smoke standard): housing material is I2/F1certified
- IEC 60947-5-1 Annex K (switchgear for control circuits)
- DIN 41 636-6 form F (standard on dimensions)
The PBX has CE and CCC marking. uL, Csa and VDE approvals are available on request.
The PBX Secure is a safety switch which guarantees the forced opening of NC contacts even in the event of a short circuit and/or welding due to an overcurrent. NO and NC circuits are electrically isolated (form Zb). PBX mechanism, patented and proven (EP 11227362), is in compliance with IEC 60947-5-1 Annex K standard.
The long overtravel actuator allows any tolerance deviations of the sub-assembly in which the switch is incorporated to be absorbed. The result – limited maintenance adjustments.
The range offers two levels of sealing in two identically sized versions to provide an exact solution to integrators’ requirements:
- A standard IP40 version where the actuator is protected by a membrane
- An IP67 version which integrates a one-piece component comprising a membrane and a seal to protect both the actuator and the mechanism respectively. Potting points insulate the link between the terminals, the housing and the cover.
Custom Sensors & Technologies
Filed Under: Sensors (position + other), Switches