PEM FHL and FHLS self-clinching flush-head studs from PennEngineering feature a unique low-displacement head design enabling close-to-edge installation of the fasteners in thin metal sheets. The studs provide ideal attachment solutions compared with weld studs and other conventional hardware by promoting easier and cleaner installation with fewer production steps and more reliable performance in service. Since the studs install permanently, they will never loosen or fall out over time.
With their close-to-edge installation capabilities, the studs especially suit applications where the footprint for attachment hardware is limited. Their low-displacement head design prevents any bulging of the edge of the sheet where the studs are mounted. With the head installed flush in the sheet, the studs will not protrude or otherwise interfere with assemblies.
- Manufactured from steel (FHL) or stainless steel (FHLS)
- Will mount successfully in steel or aluminum sheets with thickness of .040” / 1mm and greater
- Thread sizes to accept mating nuts range from #2-56 / M2.5 through #10-32 / M5
- A variety of lengths can be supplied
- Quick and easy installation can be performed with a PEMSERTER or other standard press
- FHL studs are engineered for sheets with hardness of HRB 80 or less (Rockwell “B” scale) and HB 150 or less (Hardness Brinell)
- FHLS studs are intended for installation in sheets with hardness HRB 70 or less and HB 125 or less
Detailed specifications, fastener drawings, models, and literature (Bulletin FH) for these RoHS-compliant studs can be downloaded for free at the company’s website.
Filed Under: Industrial automation