PEM® concealed-head self-clinching studs and standoffs from PennEngineering® install permanently in thin metal assemblies to provide strong and reusable threads for mating hardware while preserving a smooth and unmarred appearance on the side of the sheet opposite installation. The concealed-head feature additionally will satisfy strict ingress protection requirements in assemblies where a sheet must remain completely sealed from air, liquid, dust, gases, and other potential contaminants.
Using a PEMSERTER® or other standard press, installation is quick and easy by placing the fastener in the hole and applying sufficient squeezing force. The fastener head then locks securely in the sheet and can handle substantial loads.
- Fasteners install reliably in steel or aluminum sheets as thin as .062” / 1.6mm
- Studs (aluminum or stainless steel) are available in thread sizes #4-40 through #10-32 and M3 through M5 and in lengths from .250” through 1” and 6mm through 25mm
- Standoffs (stainless steel) are offered in thread sizes #4-40 through 1/4-20 and M3 through M6 and in lengths from .187” through 1” and 4mm through 25mm
- Sheet preparation for installation requires only a blind milled hole to the recommended size and minimum depth
- All PEM concealed-head fasteners are RoHS-compliant and selected stud types can be ordered to NAS63540/4 specifications
Filed Under: Materials • advanced