PEM® self-clinching pilot pins from PennEngineering® are offered in a variety of designs to provide ideal hardware solutions for positioning, alignment, or pivot applications. They install in thin metal sheets and become permanent parts of an assembly. All install easily into thin metal sheets by pressing them into a pre-punched mounting hole of the proper size.
PEM Type TPS™ pins in 300 Series stainless steel install in steel or aluminum sheets and PEM Type TP4™ pins in 400 Series stainless steel are designed for stainless steel assemblies. Both install flush in sheets as thin as .040” / 1mm or greater, feature a chamfered end to locate the mating hole quickly and easily. They’re available in a variety of sizes and diameters.
- PEM Type TPXS™ pins are engineered with a 15º tapered point to locate and engage the mating hole easily
- Pin and proper captive retention screw will meet ATCA PICMG 3.0 specification for 3mm alignment pins
- 16mm-long pins are made from 300 Series stainless steel and will install reliably in aluminum or steel sheets as thin as .040” / 1mm
- Micro pins for compact consumer electronic assemblies can be supplied with diameters as small as .040” / 1mm and in lengths as short as 2mm / .080”
- Install into stainless steel or other sheet materials as thin as .020” / 0.5mm and, upon installation
- Pin’s head mounts flush with the host panel to promote a smooth and clean appearance for the assembly
Filed Under: Materials • advanced