PHD, Inc. introduces a sensor that provides monitoring of equipment performance.
The PHD Series KG Impact Sensor easily attaches to and monitors any piece of equipment that has motion. Featuring single-axis/bi-directional sensitivity, the sensor attaches to the moving part of a machine or device and monitors impact. A PLC can interpret the signal to warn of erratic operation or shut down a system to prevent catastrophic failure.
Using the KG Programmer, the KG Impact Sensor also can measure an impact and relay that value to the user. A single programmer has the ability to service an unlimited number of impact sensors throughout an entire plant.
PHD Series KG Impact Sensor Uses:
Predictive maintenance device
- Detects change in impact force
- Can help reduce unanticipated downtime
- Minimizes unnecessary preventive maintenance
- Flags appropriate personnel of machine crash – Indicates when machine has crashed
- Stops production of bad parts
- Measures impact (programmer required)
- Counts impacts or extreme vibration (<400hz) – Monitors centripetal forces