CLEVELAND, OH — PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL) launches its PolyOne Sustainability Promise, which extends and broadens its
benchmark No Surprises PledgeSM and assures customers of its dedication to
solutions that meet environmental goals.
“The Sustainability Promise confirms that we will put our customers first by
developing and supplying sustainable solutions and by employing sustainability
principles in the way we conduct our business,” said Dr. Cecil Chappelow,
PolyOne vice president, innovation and sustainability, and chief innovation officer.
PolyOne’s Sustainability Promise affirms that the Company is committed to
meeting the needs of the present without compromising future generations’
abilities to meet their own needs. Key elements of this promise include:
• Development of innovative, safe, and environmentally sound product,
services and solutions
• Increased use of energy-efficient technologies, recycling, waste reduction
continuous improvement in operating efficiencies
• Collaboration with suppliers to reduce environmental impact of logistics
across the global
To further support its commitment, PolyOne has defined a set of standards for
sustainability from which it has established a certification called “PolyOne
Sustainable Solutions” to denote products or services that meet the following
• Renewable: Solutions based in whole or in part on renewable resources.
• Reusable: Packaging and other logistics-related systems which are easily
• Recyclable: Solutions which incorporate post-consumer or post-industrial
recycle content or
which lend themselves to recycling.
• Eco-friendly composition: Solutions that respond to ever-changing
market needs by offering
alternatives to traditional chemistries such as
lead, bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, or certain
• Resource efficient: Solutions that help conserve the earth’s resources
such as those that
enable more efficient production, reduce part weight or
material consumption, enable faster
cycle times or lower energy
In September 2008, PolyOne received the Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence of
the Year Award for its colorant and additive masterbatch products. This award
underscores PolyOne’s strategic focus on innovative sustainable solutions which
benefit both customers and the environment.
To view the entire Sustainability Promise, visit the PolyOne website at
Filed Under: Green engineering, Materials • advanced