PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL) introduced OnColor Complete™ Liquid Color Solutions, an eco-friendly liquid colorant system that helps converters and OEMs reduce costs, eliminate waste, and improve safety.
By combining proprietary technology with liquid colorants and refillable containers in a first-of-its-kind, closed-loop system, OnColor Complete Liquid Color Solutions help manufacturers:
- Reduce operating costs and enhance employee safety – Eliminate spillage and mess while simplifying material change outs and clean up. Enhance sustainability and reduce disposal costs – Eliminate waste and storage associated with unused colorant and disposal of discarded containers.
- Reduce capital investment – Enhances leverage of capital resources.
- Optimize supply chain management – Simplifies inventory management and replenishment process.
- Reduce total cost to color – Reduced let-down ratios versus solid colorants.
- Capture the inherent benefits of liquid color – Excellent color dispersion, no pre-drying, no heat history.
OnColor Complete Liquid Color Solutions are a comprehensive liquid colorant management system that combine PolyOne colorant and additive expertise with technologies from Riverdale Color Company and Clearfield Color LLC. Specific highlights of the system include:
- OnColor Complete™ Metering System – Integrated delivery, feed, dosing pump and drum system based upon patent pending technology, eliminates mess, equipment investment, equipment maintenance and provides a refillable eco-friendly solution.
- OnColor Precision™ Liquid Colorants – Single dispersed pigment colorants made available through an exclusive agreement with Riverdale Color Company.
- OnColor™ Delivery Service – A unique, returnable system that provides colorant delivery and replenishment. Empty drums are returned for refilling and reuse.
OnColor Complete Liquid Color Solutions is currently available in North America. It will be available later this year in Europe and by early 2011 in Asia. For information about OnColor Complete Liquid Color Solutions, go to www.polyone.com/OnColorComplete.
Filed Under: Green engineering • renewable energy • sustainability, Materials • advanced