PowerPMAC IDE version 1.6.x.xx requires uninstallation of the previous versions of this software.
If the installer’s built-in uninstall for the previous version of the IDE fails, please use the “add/remove programs” feature of the Windows Control Panel to remove the previous version of the IDE before installing version 1.6 or newer. If the uninstall process fails for any reason, you can use the “Power PMAC IDE Removal Tool” in order to completely remove any installation of Power PMAC IDE from your PC. Please note that this software needs to be executed as Administrator on Windows with user access control feature on since it requires access to windows registry for a complete removal process.
POWER PMAC IDE 1.6.xx New Features
- PowerPMAC project encryption and download for security and protecting intellectual property.
- Enhanced project examples
- Enhanced EtherCAT setup tools supporting Offline mode.
- Supports PowerBrick LV/AC Brushless motor setup (Micro-stepping in next version)
- Supporting configuration of MACRO servo and IO nodes. (MACRO motor setup in the next version)
- Compensation Table (1-Dimensional and 2-Dimensional) setup.
- Enhanced tuning and plotting
The installation package is available at http://forums.deltatau.com/filedepot/. The SplitZip version can also be found at the latter link.
You can also download a pre-release version of the Power PMAC firmware version 188.8.131.52 from the following LINK.
Filed Under: Motion Control Tips