Microchip Technology (Chandler, AZ) has announced the expansion of its USB2 Controller Hub (UCH2) portfolio. The seven new UCH2 ICs across three families provide programmability, enabling the developers of PCs and mobile devices to configure their designs without external memory. Features include:
- Support for both USB2 and USB High Speed Interchip (HSIC) connectivity.
- A maximum battery life via low-power modes such as Link Power Management (LPM).
- The ability to replace wall chargers with advanced battery charging modes.
- Direct I/O bridging to I2C, SPI, UART and general-purpose I/O.
- The flexibility to support the behaviors of multiple operating systems.
For more information, visit www.microchip.com.
Filed Under: Rapid prototyping