PTC announced CoCreate 17.0, the next release of its explicit modeling 3D CAD software to be available during Q2 2010.
Performance benchmarks by users around the world verified productivity gains with CoCreate 17.0 as compared to CoCreate 16.0:
· Accelerated design productivity by up to 2x
· Reduced time spent creating 2D profiles by 40%
· Models modified up to 2x faster
· Models modified with the new push and pull design paradigm 3x faster
· Reduced the time spent creating and modifying advanced 3D patterns by 60%
With CoCreate 17.0, over 560 enhancements across the CoCreate family are being introduced, including interactive, intuitive ways of working with 2D profiles and 3D models:
· Real-time explicit modeling and rendering
· Context-sensitive mini-toolbars
· New interaction paradigms and tools to minimize need for traditional UI
· Intelligent 3D dimension drive change for complex modifications
· Leverage of model geometry in the 2D workplane, automatic projection and catch
· Intelligent feature recognition, including recognition on imported models
· Cross-part and assembly model modification, plus simultaneous modification across imported and native models
CoCreate and Pro/ENGINEER compatibility allows:
· High quality import of Pro/ENGINEER parts and assemblies into CoCreate Modeling
· High quality GRANITE-based export of parts and assemblies from CoCreate Modeling
· Maintained associativity with Pro/ENGINEER and exported geometry
· Leveraged part and assembly associativity via the Pro/ENGINEER associative topology bus (ATB)
For more information about CoCreate, please visit http://www.ptc.com/products/cocreate/.
Filed Under: 3D CAD, Software
Tell Us What You Think!