New video shows you how to use the Ignition Edge® MQTT Transmission module in groov EPIC to publish tag data from Allen-Bradley® PLCs.
Why would you do this?
One of the advantages of the groov EPIC system is its ability to connect to third-party PLCs, collect their data, and publish that data to an MQTT infrastructure so that other software applications like databases, HMIs, and more, can use it. Connecting to your PLCs this way can help you secure your currently unsecure PLCs and unleash the data siloed in them, now.
This video shows step-by-step how to configure your groov EPIC and the Ignition Edge® software running inside to publish data to an MQTT broker.
What you’ll need:
- The IP address or domain name of a computer running an MQTT broker
- A groovEPIC
- Any of the following Allen-Bradley PLCs, accessible to groovEPIC via Ethernet:
- Logix: ControlLogix® and CompactLogix® with firmware v21 and higher
- ControlLogix with firmware v20 and lower
- CompactLogix with firmware v20 and lower
- SLC™ 5/05 PLC-5®
- MicroLogix™ 1100, 1200, 1400, 1500
The video shows you how to:
- Configure the MQTT Transmission module in groov EPIC
- Launch Ignition Designer
- Create folder structure & add tags
- Commit & publish Tags