12 and 24 Volt PWM Speed Controls from Bodine Electric Company provide simple and reliable speed control for low-voltage 12 or 24V permanent magnet DC (PMDC) gearmotors and motors (up to 1/3 HP / 250 Watts). The controls utilize pulse width modulation (PWM) technology to insure quiet operation, low operating temperature and optimal brush life. The controls feature five trim pots to adjust min/max speed, torque (current) limit, and acceleration time. In addition, DIP switches allow the user to easily match a motor/gearmotor to these controls. System speed may be controlled with a single-turn speed pot, or an isolated 0-5 VDC remote signal. Models are available with either ¼-inch quick connect tabs or a plug-in terminal block.
The type WPM low-voltage motor speed controls are ideal for portable or remote applications where connection to an AC line is not possible. Typical applications include accessories on electric vehicles, mobile medical equipment, solar powered devices, chemical injection pumps at oil wells and automatic gate openers.
- Stock item numbers 0786 and 0787 (24 VDC); Items 0788 and 0789 (12 VDC)
- The new 24V models drive most of Bodine’s 24V stock PMDC motors and gearmotors
- Continuous output current ranges from 14 to 17 Amps, dependent on the model; 35 Amps peak
- RoHS compliant; cURus certified
- Designed and manufactured by Bodine Electric Company in Northfield, IL (USA)
Bodine Electric Company
Filed Under: Motion Control Tips