QuickLogic Corporation (Sunnyvale, CA) introduced its new ArcticLink 3 S2 platform, the second CSSP solution in its Sensor Hub roadmap. This next-generation platform delivers double the customer-specific programmable logic capacity, four times the computational performance, four times the on-board algorithm capacity, and eight times the sensor data buffer storage while consuming 40% less power than the previous generation ArcticLink 3 S1. Some of the specific key benefits of this platform include:
- Second-generation Flexible Fusion Engine.
- Dual, hardwired 32-bit multipliers for lowest power sensor algorithm math functions.
- Increased memory stores eight times more batched sensor events for longer periods between processor wake-up, resulting in lower system power.
- Hardwired SPI and I2C interfaces for optimized communication to sensors and to host Application Processors and/or Microcontrollers.
- On-chip oscillators remove the need for external clock sources, reducing Bill-of-Material costs and PCB space required for sensor hub.
For more information, visit www.quicklogic.com.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)