Red Lion Controls announced a new EtherTRAK-2 I/O module (E2-MIX20884-D) and enhanced firmware for its Sixnet series RTUs. Red Lion’s new Sixnet EtherTRAK-2 I/O module is ideal for both distributed and local I/O applications that require a high density of mixed I/O types.
The E2-MIX20884-D module offers dual Ethernet ports that allow it to be used in fault-tolerant ring topologies, and provides the following inputs and outputs:
- Discrete: up to 20 inputs, including four isolated high-speed counters, and eight outputs
- Analog: eight 4-20mA inputs and four 0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5V outputs
This high-density of mixed I/O allows customers to reduce costs versus traditional single-function I/O. The module’s four isolated, high-speed counter inputs can be used for metering and flow rate applications such as those in oil and gas and water/wastewater applications.
“The rugged design of our Sixnet RTUs and EtherTRAK-2 I/O modules allow them to be used in virtually any harsh, remote application,” said Jacob Colegrove, product manager at Red Lion Controls. “Furthermore, recent firmware enhancements provide several capabilities to increase system reliability, and to simplify remote management of our RTUs.”
With enhanced firmware, Red Lion’s RTUs provide a simple yet powerful means to reliably monitor and control remote sites around the clock in extreme environments. The new firmware, which applies to Sixnet series ST-IPm-6350, VT-mIPm-245-D, VT-mIPm-135-D, VT-IPm2m-213-D and VT-IPm2m-113-D RTUs, provides functionality that includes:
- Atomic Configuration Loading: automates the remote configuration process to help customers save time by batch loading hundreds of RTUs. Either manually or through command line, users can create a configuration and load it to the RTU.
- UDR-A Protocol: authenticated protocol that enables customers to better protect assets by limiting RTU access based on user-specific credentials.
- Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) Synch Bit: indicates when the SNTP time synchronization is successful. Monitors connected RTUs against a time server to ensure system clocks are synchronized.
- Datalog Status Bits: increases diagnostics by indicating when datalog configurations have been loaded to the RTU.
Filed Under: TECHNOLOGIES + PRODUCTS, I/O modules, Networks • connectivity • fieldbuses