Inadequate reprocessing of medical devices between patients can result in the retention of debris (soil) in certain types of reusable devices. Such debris can allow microbes to survive the disinfection process, which could then lead to healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) and other adverse patient outcomes.
This webinar will provide design engineers, project engineers, quality assurance, and all medical device manufacturers with knowledge and recommendations about how to manage the human factors in processing
of reusable medical devices.
Watch this webinar to learn:
- Standards that govern medical device reprocessing, which include cleaning, disinfection and sterilization validations
– Specifically, the new standards associated with human factors
– Updates from the AAMI/FDA Round Table Discussion
- Challenges inherent in device design for human factors
- Considerations for cleaning validations relevant to the practices of healthcare facilities
- New recommendations for manufacturers, Instructions for Use (IFU) documents, etc.
- Review of the manufacturer’s responsibilities and considerations
- Why understanding cleanability is important and what can be done to help improve the processability of devices
Webinar sponsored by:
Filed Under: WEBINARS