Regal Beloit has released a statement on its pandemic protocol. The following has been edited for length and highlights.
Regal associates are working tirelessly to maintain healthy and safe workplaces all around the world, while providing essential products and solutions that keep our society functioning. We are grateful to all of our nearly 20,000 associates for their efforts.
Some of the actions we are taking to support our associates include:
- Suspending all non-essential travel, and non-essential visitors to our facilities, globally;
- Implementing protocols to ensure social distancing, including adding barriers, extended distances between work stations, increasing the number of vehicles for associate transportation, and adding new cleaning protocols across our global footprint;
- Supporting temperature checks at many of our facilities as an attempt to reduce the number of individuals with symptoms from being at work;
- Instituting work from home policies for associates that can effectively do their jobs away from the office;
- Being flexible with work hours to help associates balance work with personal home needs; and
- Helping share some of the financial burden for those who need to be home because they are sick or have a family member who is sick.
Continuing to support our customers, around the world
The vast majority of Regal’s manufacturing operations remain open at this time. And we are regularly coordinating with our customers, suppliers, and logistic partners to help ensure a reliable supply of products and technical support. Currently, we see no significant impact on our ability to fulfill existing orders as a result of COVID-19.
Regal remains committed to helping our customers experience the fewest possible interruptions to their businesses. Our associates are available to support your orders, respond to inquiries, and provide technical support.
Working to meet responsibilities to our global communities
Many of the products Regal builds are essential to the functioning of our society. Because of the products we make, we are recognized by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) of U.S. Department of Homeland Security as part of the Critical Manufacturing Sector. In addition, many of the countries where we operate recognize in their legislation the importance of continuing to manufacture products like ours, including Mexico, Italy, Spain, and Germany, to name a few.