Registration has opened for the Basic Powder Metallurgy (PM) Short Course, the powder metallurgy industry’s longest-running course, which will be held August 15–17, 2016, at Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel, State College, Pennsylvania.
The Basic PM Short Course will feature nearly three full days of programing focusing on an introduction to powder metallurgy ideal for those new to the world of PM or for those working in specialized fields looking to broaden their knowledge.
Attendees of the short course will learn:
- History, current practice, and the future of PM.
- Why PM is a leading method for producing metal parts.
- The many applications that use PM parts.
- The fine points in designing for PM.
- How metal powders are produced.
- Designs for compacting tools.
- How sintering develops functional properties.
- About various secondary operations.
- About the Metal Powder Industries Federation standards and tests.
- About metal injection molding.
- The latest high-tech PM technologies, including metal additive manufacturing (3D printing).
Metal Powder Industries Federation