Elesa now offers a line of retaining magnets: flat, cylindrical, U-shaped magnets with pass-through hole, shielded and unshielded for high performance and minimal space requirements.
Retaining magnets are an easy and safe solution for industrial applications where non-permanent fixing is required or where it is not possible to drill holes. For example, they are commonly used in automation, control systems, electro-medical equipment, etc. Their functionality is based on the force of magnetic attraction, which is transmitted through lines of force that are collectively referred to as a magnetic field.
Elesa offers four types of magnets in the following materials:
- Hard ferrite magnets (HF)
- Aluminum nickel cobalt magnets (AlNiCo – AN)
- Samarium cobalt magnets (SmCo – SC)
- Neodymium iron boron magnets (NdFeB – ND)
These solutions offer different values of attraction force (good, medium, strong or very strong) and offer varying performance depending on application conditions such as temperature resistance (from ≈175°F/80°C to ≈850°F/450° C), corrosion and machinability.
Advantages of magnets:
- Cost-effective and time saving
- Immediate attraction and perfect holding
- No need for holes during fixing, thus eliminating hooks, clamps, etc.
- Increased workplace safety
You may also like:
Filed Under: ALL INDUSTRIES, Factory automation, Fastening + joining • locks • latches • pins