Radio Frequency Systems (RFS) (Meriden, CT) has announced the availability of an OMT compatible with multiple antennas in the company’s portfolio of microwave products. Designed for maximum flexibility and future-proofing, RFS OMT enables users to implement a “pay as you grow” scheme for up to four outdoor units (ODUs).
OMT reduces costs and improves the system’s competitiveness and reliability by eliminating twistflexes between the ODUs and the antenna. RFS OMT can be purchased in conjunction with specified RFS antennas or separately for RFS antennas already installed in the field.
OMTs are multi-port microwave couplers that combine two cross polarized RF signals, allowing multiple ODUs, operating on different polarizations, to operate simultaneously on one antenna. RFS OMT addresses the industry’s increasing need for dual-polarized direct mount antennas for higher capacity bandwidth, which are well-suited for 4G and LTE applications.
- Frequencies from 6 to 25 GHz with customized interfaces for several microwave radio manufacturers.
- Compatible with RFS’ 1 – 6 ft, SB1, SC2, SC3, SB4, SB6 series antennas.
- Two-port OMT (2+0).
- Easy addition of two couplers as needed (2+2 or 4+0).
- No mechanical interference with antennas due to slanted/vertical shape of the OMT.
- Fully tested in real wind tunnel conditions with wind speeds up to 250 km/h to ensure durability and survivability.
- Electrical and mechanical qualifications successfully completed; return loss, insertion losses, vibrations, and waterproofness.
For more information visit rfsworld.com.
Filed Under: M2M (machine to machine)