A heavy-duty coupling. Has a large amount of misalignment and axial motion. More space between each beam for greater misalignment
- All couplings have an inside relief so the shafts will not touch the beams at the maximum misalignment.
- Clamps are an integral part of the coupling and use hex socket cap screw with a black oxide finish. Tightening torques are the screw manufacturers’ maximum ratings.
- Set screws are 120° apart. All screws are hex socket steel with black oxide finish. Tightening torques are the screw manufacturers’ maximum ratings.
- G10 phenolic inserts available for thermal and electrical isolation are available for all Rocom couplings but must be requested separately.
- Coupling material is 2024-T3.51 aluminum with MIL A8625F Type II black anodize.
- Static torque is the maximum torque rating for each B1 bore. The correct dynamic torque safety factor should be determined by the customer in accordance with fast reversals, acceleration, deceleration, sudden stops, etc.
- Torque and torsional stiffness ratings are at maximum misalignment, not in a straight line.
- Mass and inertia are calculated with the specified B1 bore and the smallest B2 bore shown.
- Follow the installation procedures to ensure infinite life.
- TEST BEFORE YOU BUY. Rocom will furnish samples at no charge for all new OEM designs or for comparative evaluation.