Schneeberger Inc. announces the P3 linear motor actuator. The P3 is a robust, linear motor stage designed for the automation, packaging, paper converting and semiconductor industries.
Features and benefits include:
• High speed and acceleration. “up to 5 m/s @ 10g”
• Integrated coil / carriage for optimized thermal performance
• 2 encoder options allowing both high resolution and low cost.
• Alternate motor selections for different load requirements.
• Ironless linear motor for zero cogging and smooth motion.
• Integrated cable handling system.
• Travel lengths up to 1 meter.
The design has a unique thermal handling capability as the linear motor coil is integrated into the top assembly plate. This allows optimized thermal conductivity for more robust operation in extreme environments under high duty cycles. The Integrated linear motor design provides high stiffness/low cogging resulting in extremely smooth constant velocity motion even at low speeds. With speeds up to 5 m/s and high acceleration capacity, the “P3” design provides the performance that industry has been demanding.
The system offers 2 encoder feedback options:
• The cost effective and robust solution providing clean quadrature signals for difficult environments from 1 to 5 um resolution
• The high accuracy/resolution solution provides resolution at 0.5 and 0.1 um resolutions.
Filed Under: Actuators, Factory automation, Material handling • converting, Packaging, Semiconductor, Encoders • optical, Linear motion • slides, Motion control • motor controls, Motors (linear)