Fictiv, the company democratizing global manufacturing, revealed a new category of injection molding manufacturing services enabling production quality parts at prototype speeds at CES. The Rapid Design Mold Service is part of Fictiv’s Agile Manufacturing Solution(AMS) and offers customers access to fast production of high quality, complex parts at low volumes.
“CES provides a first look at the next generation of inspiring consumer products,” said Fictiv CEO and Co-founder Dave Evans. “But the ugly truth is that many of these products will never make it to market as you see them today because of the design tradeoffs and volume commitments required from traditional manufacturers. Fictiv is transforming that reality by leveraging our worldwide network of manufacturers to bring production quality tooling and parts quickly and affordably.”
In the past, manufacturers have suggested that hardware developers utilize aluminum tooling for low volume injection molding projects. This approach undermines the fidelity of a design in favor of speed. Fictiv’s Rapid Design Mold services taps into existing worldwide manufacturing capacity through its network of vetted partners to enable on-demand, rapid injection molding for even low volume runs.
“Our customers are not willing to sacrifice design for speed,” explains Fictiv’s Vice President of Manufacturing, Jean Oliveri. “By bringing high quality, flexible production tooling online in as fast as 10 days, we’re helping customers rapidly progress from functional prototyping into bridge production and low volume production without sacrificing design integrity.”
- T1 parts in 10 days with high quality aluminum or steel tooling; no minimum order quantities
- Instant baseline pricing available online
- DFM feedback with every quote
- Online order tracking for visibility on order production and shipment status;
- Vetted overseas supply base with specialization in rapid-response manufacturing, through Fictiv’s headquarters in Guangzhou, China;
- U.S. and China-based service teams to manage communications and quality control with manufacturers, led by managers with combined 50+ years industry experience;
- ISO 9001-certified quality management systems to standardized quality assurance across all manufacturing partners; and the
- Fictiv Quality promise.
Filed Under: Rapid prototyping