Carlo Gavazzi announces the launch of the RSGD Series Self-Learning Soft Starters with communications for motor applications up to 100Hp.
The RSGD is an extremely compact 75mm wide and easy-to-use 3-phase soft starter for AC induction motors up to 100A. The new self-learning algorithm has been adapted to work with different applications without needing to adjust the initial torque, therefore resulting in an almost plug ’n play set up. The integrated electronic overload protection, the PTC input and a number of built-in diagnostic functions provide more protection to the motor, helping our customers save money and space in the electrical panel. The RSGD is also equipped with Modbus two-wire serial communication protocol which can be interfaced to different PLCs for enhanced control diagnostics of the system status. Energy, voltage, current and other electrical variables can be easily communicated to a PLC for real-time monitoring of the motor condition. An internal alarm counter and data-logging of the last 32 starts provide easier troubleshooting.
The RSGD is an ideal solution for 3-phase fixed speed AC induction motor applications where there is the need to reduce starting current to minimize the stresses on a motor during start and stop. Applications include control of pumps, fans, and compressors in markets such as water treatment, agriculture, building automation and HVAC.
Technical specifications include:
- 220 to 600VAC voltage rating
- Up to 55, 70, 85 and 100 amperage ratings
- Up to 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 and 100 Hp ratings
- Self-learning algorithm for improved starting
- Current balancing algorithm
- Integrated Class 10 electronic overload
- Easy to understand and adjust three knob setting
- Integrated Modbus RS485 communication
- Compact dimensions of merely 75mm wide
- Three relay outputs for alarms and status indication
- cULus listed, CE and CCC approved