Increasingly additive manufacturing vendors are introducing software that oversees the production of parts and streamlines the design to manufacturing process. 3D Systems is one of these vendors and you will have a chance to explore these software programs at IMTS 2018.
3D Systems will feature its comprehensive engineering software portfolio enabling streamlined prototyping and production workflows in both traditional and additive manufacturing. These solutions cover and streamline the entire manufacturing workflow from digitization, to design and simulate, through to manufacture, inspect and manage.
At the IMTS 2018, 3D Systems will showcase three new software releases – 3DXpert 14, GibbsCAM 13, and Cimatron 14.
3DXpert 14 – the all-in-one software for Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
3D Systems will announce and demonstrate 3DXpert 14 – its newest version of its all-in-one Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) software. The enhancements to 3DXpert 14 are focused on facilitating the entire production cycle and will support manufacturers as they transition from using additive manufacturing for prototyping to full production applications.
3DXpert 14 helps print managers optimize total cost of operation (TCO) through reduced print times, material consumption and post-processing labor requirements.
- 3DXpert 14’s intelligent multi-head control and auto-balancing set a new standard for performance. Through enhanced control including laser synchronization, gas flow and correct hatching order, 3DXpert 14 shortens the print time for high quality large parts while helping maintain material integrity.
- Advanced built-in templates and automation tools shorten the print preparation time, from design to the first batch of repeatable quality prints, including:
- More options for orientation analysis using stress approximation,
- New support structure options,
- New lattice structure options and ready-made templates for generating lattices,
- Enhanced access to Build Simulation including free versions for education as well as a new standard and professional version.
With version 14, 3DXpert, the unique all-in-one software solution, continues to streamline the DfAM workflow allowing the user to optimize their process and lower total cost of operation, critical for additive manufacturing profitability.
At IMTS 2018, 3D Systems is announcing GibbsCAM 13 – the newest version of its GibbsCAM CAM programming software. This release includes key enhancements throughout the product that further streamline the programming of CNC machining centers. Building from the recent interface improvements, GibbsCAM 13 continues to increase functionality while maintaining the intuitive workflow that has made GibbsCAM a cornerstone in the CAM software world.
GibbsCAM programming software continues to lead the industry in the programming of advanced machining centers. Several new features included in GibbsCAM 13 reinforce why this software is industry-leading.
- Advances in turning capabilities include elliptical and eccentric turning. GibbsCAM now allows programming elliptical shapes and non-centerline turning inside the CAM package – eliminating the need for time-consuming calculations and programming on the machine controller.
- Interpolation turning gives turning capability to any machining center with an orientable spindle, such as 4 axis mills, MTM machines and boring machines – greatly expanding the capabilities of these powerful machines.
- Linear and rotary broaching programming has been added. Traditionally, broaching has been a hand-programmed or manual process. GibbsCAM 13 allows the programming of broaching routines, eliminating manual coding or extra setup time.
- Interface enhancements to GibbsCAM 13 build on those found in GibbsCAM 12. The newest enhancements create a faster, more fluid workflow when programming CNC machines. The ability to stack or group operations, along with a built in G-code editor provides intuitive programming information in a single location.
At IMTS 2018, 3D Systems will showcase the latest version of its Cimatron CAD/CAM solution that that addresses the entire toolmaking process. From tool design to NC programming, Cimatron 14 helps manufacturers improve productivity and maintain competitive advantage.
NC programmers will benefit from faster and easier programming with the new feature-based machining, as well as faster machining time and better surface quality. Die makers will be able to run a simulation to calculate accurate trim lines and accurate springback effects in order to reduce or eliminate the number of tryouts using the new integrated offering with ProgSim (from Autoform) Simulation. And finally, mold makers will be introduced to new features that enable faster, easier mold design.
“These new software versions resulted from the innovation, experience and expertise of our engineers, who listened to customer feedback and help them maintain competitive advantage,” said Ilan Erez, senior vice president and general manager, software, 3D Systems. “3D Systems strives to provide the highest standard of excellence in additive and subtractive manufacturing solutions throughout the entire manufacturing process. We endeavor to deliver industry leading software that makes manufacturers’ jobs easier – enabling them to be more productive with faster time to market and lower total cost of operation.”
IMTS 2018 attendees can visit 3D Systems in booth #133310 and #431608.
Filed Under: 3D printing • additive manufacturing • stereolithography