SpaceClaim has announced the immediate availability of SpaceClaim Engineer 2012+. This release introduces significant new capabilities for manufacturing, simulation, concept development, and mesh remodeling. These enhancements will help all engineers work more effectively in 3D, without the high cost and complexity of traditional CAD.
SpaceClaim has revolutionized modern mechanical design by providing an easy-to-use and affordable way for engineers and product teams to create, modify, repair, and enhance 3D CAD geometry, without compromising existing processes and methods. SpaceClaim users can leverage existing 2D and 3D designs, including customer and supplier models, analysis and simulation results, mesh and STL data, and surface models, along with PMI and tolerance data, in all their work.
SpaceClaim adds value to existing CAD and PLM infrastructure while removing the waste and rework caused by incompatible file formats. In stark contrast to overpriced and inefficient history-based solid modelers, SpaceClaim works with foreign CAD data as easily as it does its own. It directly opens and edits all leading 2D and 3D CAD file formats as well as neutral file formats, such as JT (with PMI), STEP, and 3D PDF.
SpaceClaim Engineer 2012+ enables small and large manufacturers competing in a global market to get parts out the door faster, finish projects on budget and ahead of schedule, and win more business. SpaceClaim makes it easy for companies specializing in CNC machining, tool and fixture design, injection molding, sheet metal, and production automation to communicate more efficiently with their customers, focus on value-added work, and increase production rates.
“SpaceClaim provides discrete manufacturers with the competitive edge needed in today’s tough global economy,” said Chris Randles, SpaceClaim President and CEO. “Access to 3D is not the same as access to traditional CAD. The benefits 3D solid modeling extend far beyond detailed design, but it is impossible for companies to make the large investments required to deploy expensive and complicated CAD and PLM systems to every user. Traditional CAD plays a valuable role in the detailed design process, but SpaceClaim Engineer is the first and only product that enables all members of a product team to use 3D to do their jobs more effectively.”
New capabilities in SpaceClaim 2012+ include:
- Numerous enhancements for manufacturing workflows, including connections to Mastercam and Esprit, new annotation types like weld symbols and semantic datums, machinist-friendly measuring and positioning, broken and broken out section views, and advanced sheet metal capabilities such as formed bends.
- New tools to work with mesh and STL data, such as the ability to compare a mesh to a solid, improved section curve fitting, plane and cylinder fitting, mesh splitting, and improved selection and coloring.
- Major improvements to core modeling, including significant performance improvements, radial move, curve filling, structure search, section properties, and XYZ-based move.
- SpaceClaim 2012+ is certified for Windows 8.
- New language support for Polish, Czech, and Portuguese, bringing the total number of languages supported by SpaceClaim to 12, including English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, as well as Traditional and Simplified Chinese.
- The production release of version 10 of the SpaceClaim API, including mesh support, animation handlers, custom window support, the ability to replace panels, asynchronous threading to update custom objects in the background, and the ability to add custom items to the structure tree.
- As previously announced, built-in, free PDM using Microsoft SharePoint.
In addition to appealing to a wider range of end-users with this release, SpaceClaim is continuing to expand its partner and OEM channels. SpaceClaim’s direct modeling technology better serves independent software vendors, as its technology is easily adapted to specialized and proprietary tools and processes. In addition, SpaceClaim’s modern and extensive API makes it the most flexible 3D platform for third-party customization, and the fastest route to market for ISVs. New Solution Partners include fluid simulation experts Simerics, EDM provider First Trace, and 2D drafting provider SofTech. AMC Bridge is a new Software Development Partner offering services to develop SpaceClaim customizations for end-user customers and partners.
Filed Under: Aerospace + defense