Nexen Group Inc. announces RB Series, Generation II linear profile guide rail brakes for stopping and holding in e-stop and power-off situations. RB Series brakes deliver the highest spring engaged/air released holding force on the market, providing secure holding and fast response time for a broad range of linear motion control applications. Each rail brake clamps directly onto the center of the guide rail to provide positive braking and holding on all axes, with no effect on the bearing surfaces. RB Series profile rail brakes hold their position accurately by reducing drive train backlash and elasticity. The large, field-adjustable friction facing contact area allows dependable performance and minimizes rail wear.
RB Series brakes are engineered for easy installation and use, as well as dependable performance. Brakes fit most popular profile guide rails, including: NSK, SKF, INA, THK, IKO, HIWIN and Star. No lubrication or periodic maintenance is required. If personnel safety is required, an unrelated, redundant safety system is recommended.
Features that are designed to make Nexen’s RB Series linear profile guide rail brakes particularly functional and easy to use, include:
• Provides large friction facing contact area for consistent performance and low rail wear
• Includes field serviceable friction facing replacement
• Delivers an ideal solution for power-off, e-stop and holding applications
• Provides low backlash for accurate position holding
• Offers brake geometry similar to linear bearing cassettes for easy installation
• Provides stiffness and eliminates vibration in linear drives
• Features large clearance between brake and rail to compensate for installation misalignment
• Requires no lubrication or periodic maintenance
• Offers models to fit most common profile guide rails
• Boasts highest spring engaged/air released holding force on the market
• Delivers static holding cycle life in excess of one million cycles.
Nexen Group, Inc
Filed Under: Factory automation, Automation components, Brakes • clutches, Linear motion • slides, Mechanical, Motion control • motor controls