Ironwood Electronics recently introduced a new socket addressing high performance requirements for Burn-in and Test applications – CBT-SO-4006. The contactor is a stamped spring pin with 14.5 gram actuation force per lead and cycle life of 125,000 insertions. Features include:
- The self inductance of the contactor is 0.75 nH
- Insertion loss of < 1 dB at 31.7 GHz M
- Mutual capacitance of 0.067pF
- Current capacity of each contactor is 1.8 amps at 20C temperature rise
- Socket temperature range is -55C to +180C
- Socket features a floating guide for precise lead to pin alignment
- Socket also includes integrated spring loaded compression plate that has a cavity to accommodate mold case
The specific configuration of the package to be tested in the CBT-SO-4006 is SOIC, 2.95×1.625mm body size, 0.95mm pitch and 2.8mm lead tip to tip distance. To use, drop IC into the socket and close the snap lid. Vertical force is applied by the spring loaded compression plate. This socket can be used for hand test and quick screen burn-in applications with the most stringent requirements.
Pricing for the CBT-SO-4006 is $710 at qty 1 with reduced pricing available depending on quantity required.
For more information visit Ironwood Electronics.
Filed Under: Rapid prototyping