A willingness to take entrepreneurial risks, a pioneering spirit, and a firm belief in their own inventive powers – these were the assets that Walter Pepperl and Ludwig Fuchs started out with when they opened their Mannheim radio repair shop in 1945. Their invention of the proximity switch a few years later proved their start-up business strengths. It was also the starting point in a successful history defined by close customer relationships as well asinnovative automation technologies and procedures.
Then as now, our focus is directed squarely on the individual requirements of each customer. Whether as a pioneer in electrical explosion protection, or as a leading innovator of highly efficient sensors, close communication with our customers is what allowed us to become the leader in automation technology. Our main objective is combining state-of-the-art technologies and comprehensive services to optimize our customers’ processes and applications.
From its humble beginnings, Pepperl+Fuchs has progressed to become a diversified industrial enterprise and a world leader in sensing technology, intrinsic safety, and explosion protection technology. Our U.S. headquarters inTwinsburg, Ohio, which was incorporated in 1983, is currently over 300 people strong. We’re proud of our company, our heritage, and our legacy of consistent achievement, innovation, and distinction.
We take great pride in our ability to solve problems with products that nobody else can match. At our Twinsburg location, we develop and manufacture a number of “Made-in-America” products, as well as work with our international offices to engineer the best automation solutions in the world. Around the world and in our own backyard, Pepperl+Fuchs sets the standard for excellence in automation.