Virtual reality enthusiasts can step into new worlds like never before with VR company Cybershoes GmbH, (https://www.cybershoes.io/ ), showcasing Cybershoes®, an affordable, innovative VR accessory that is worn on your feet, and allows you to literally walk, run or flee through virtual reality.
The Cybershoes are strapped directly onto your feet, and as you are seated in a swivel bar stool, you’re ready to begin your VR journey. The Cybershoes are compatible with any VR game, and function with SteamVR, the HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows Mixed Reality, and Pimax. With the Cybershoes at your feet, all of your moments are controlled by your own physical movement, so you can feel like you’re exploring ancient dwarven ruins or fleeing from a grasping horde of the undead.
Cybershoes recently unveiled during its CES debut in January its newly redesigned prototype that features an improved grip for faster and smoother turning.
“VR is an endless space, but until now it was not really easy to walk in,” says Michael Bieglmayer, inventor and CEO of Cybershoes GmbH. “We had to experiment a lot until we realized that the solution was not to be found in standing but in sitting. Then one thing led to another. And the result inspires: because nobody can escape the strong immersion that is possible with Cybershoes. That’s why the swivel chair you’re sitting on is forgotten in no time. We were truly impressed to experience the reaction and receive positive feedback from the tech-savvy CES audience.”
Cybershoes benefits and features include:
- Affordability — The Cybershoes are highly affordable to anyone who already owns their own VR setup.
- Easy Setup – The calibration and linking to your VR rig is incredibly simple and getting ready to play is as easy as sitting in your favorite swivel bar stool and strapping on the Cybershoes to your feet.
- Advanced Immersion Through Natural Movement – The Cybershoes are able to immerse players in the experience by letting them control their in-game movement by actually walking in place.
- The Apex of Usability and Low Price – The Cybershoes offers a VR movement product in term of accessibility and price that is not matched in the industry.
- Steam VR Optimization: Thanks to the new treadmill support software from Valve, Cybershoes now integrates optimally with SteamVR for a more immersive experience.
- More Uses Beyond Gaming — The Cybershoes benefits go beyond gaming as it can be employed in training and planning for industrial facilities, physical rehab programs for the elderly, and architecture and construction previews.
- Accurate Directional Tracking — The player’s vision is independent of the walking direction of the Cybershoes, meaning you can fully observe your surroundings while you walk, strafe, duck or bend to pick up objects thanks to highly accurate motion trackers in Cybershoes.
- Fitness Through Gameplay – A low stress and impact experience allows you to exercise while you play.
After an extremely successful CES 2019 appearance, Cybershoes GmbH has launched an Indiegogo campaign, (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cybershoes-a-step-into-virtual-reality-games–3#/ ), to continue to build awareness among consumers and potential investors.
Filed Under: Product design, Virtual reality