TB Wood’s recently introduced more enhancements to their popular online Belted Drive Selection Program. The improved online program now checks the arm/web strength of a sheave/sprocket along with the bushing torque rating for suitability of the application.
TB Wood’s is the only manufacturer that currently offers an online selection tool that checks for both criteria. The new features provide peace of mind to users as it helps to prevent the design of drives in which the metal components are not properly sized. This issue has become increasingly important as belt manufacturers frequently increase belt capacity, but new metal products are not being designed to accommodate those larger torque capacities.
- Program will automatically drop bushing solutions with torque ratings that are obviously inappropriate
- Program will also notify the user to “Evaluate Peak Torque Applied to the Bushing” to verify acceptability of the application for bushing solutions that are marginal
- Program will check the sheave/sprocket arm/web strength to determine if the selected sheave(s) are acceptable and will automatically drop all inappropriate solutions
- Enhanced web-based tool works on PC, tablet, or Mac platforms
- Users can display relative and quote pricing
- Favorite belted solutions can more easily be marked, shared, and recalled
Filed Under: Rapid prototyping