Teseq (Edison, NJ) has designed a new CDN (coupling/decoupling network) for surge testing on unshielded symmetrical high speed telecommunication lines including Ethernet. The CDN HSS-2 enables convenient surge testing with 1.2/50 µs pulses on active telecom lines. Ideal for use in laboratories, Teseq’s CDN HSS-2 is compliant with IEC 61000-4-5 and is compatible with all industry standard surge generators. It can be used for surge testing on lines with up to 8-wire unshielded twisted pair (UTP), with integrated service digital networks (ISDN) as well as with 10/100 BaseT and 1000 BaseT. Features include:
- Selectable common mode coupling to 1, 2 or 4 pairs depending on the jumper settings on the CDN.
- Coupled with 40 Ω in series with a coupling capacitor.
- Maximum surge test voltage of 2 kV.
- Maximum peak surge test current of up to 50 A.
- Maximum residual voltage at the auxiliary equipment (AE) of only 65 V.
For more information, visit www.simongroup.com.
Filed Under: Aerospace + defense